DISCLAIMER: THIS CONTENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION TO PURCHASE TOKENS OR ANY OTHER ASSETS. ANY INVESTMENTS MADE IN THE PROJECTS OR ASSETS MENTIONED BELOW ARE DONE SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.
- Phantom Galaxies is a multichain (currently built on Polygon), science fiction, shared-world, online, third-person, 3D action RPG featuring Gundam-ish style graphics and fast-paced combat, part of a new generation that aims to give the production level and polish of high-budget traditional games, but with blockchain benefits including digital property rights, security, and decentralization.
- The project uses a single token model (token name TBA), which can only be earned by interacting with the game. Planets are the key NFTs that will provide holders with in-game real estate and utility, as well as regular emissions of the native Phantom Galaxies token.
- Phantom galaxies have built up a huge following across a number of key social platforms. This includes over 108k Twitter followers and 79k Discord members. According to DappRadar, the team distributed 562,776 copies of the Halberd-001 NFT, which are now in 555,860 different wallets. There are currently over 125,000 users actively playing the Alpha version of Phantom Galaxies.
- Phantom Galaxies just closed the Planet Private Sale, 7,734 Planets & Asteroids were sold for a total of $19.3M, led by Aniomoca Brands with the participation of Sequoia China, Liberty City Ventures, GameFi Ventures, Everest Ventures Group, Terrace Tower Group, MDDN Co (Joel and Benji Madden), Adrian Cheng, SMO Capital, Polygon Ventures, Dapper Labs, NFT Live + Cagyjan, Kingsway, 3Commas Capital, Double Peak, Mind Fund, Defi Cap, and others. A number of gaming guilds also participated, including Avocado DAO, YGG, and YGG SEA.
- Phantom Galaxies is being developed by a veteran team with a wealth of game production experience - Blowfish Studios, a subsidiary of Animoca Brands, is an award-winning Sydney-based developer and publisher of high-quality multi-platform games, including Qbism, Siegecraft, Morphite, Projection: First Light, and Storm Boy. They are currently developing Phantom Galaxies and some traditional games on Steam, PS5 or PS4, etc.
- With solid financial resources and a significant network in the blockchain space thanks to Animoca Brands, Phantom Galaxies is proving to be a AAA blockchain game, top-ranked among the best in the industry. Although the game has already released several alpha versions, many details about the economic elements are still lacking. However, compared to similar games like Star Atlas, the gameplay is more playable and smooth, with a carefully-designed business economy ecosystem and lots of positive feedback from the community.
- Unlike other blockchain games, Phantom Galaxies will not use IDO or have a pre-sale like Seed or Private Round for its native tokens. Planet Sales will be held instead to prevent a spike in price by bots, which artificially inflates token valuations before dumping them to the community. The native token can only be earned by interacting with the game, even for VCs.
Phantom Galaxies is a multichain (currently built on Polygon), blockchain-based, science fiction, shared-world online, third-person, 3D action RPG featuring Gundam-ish style graphics and fast-paced combat. A fully fleshed-out PC/console game with blockchain technology and NFTs to enable true player-driven governance and asset ownership.
- The lore of the game starts off similar to the popular movie, Pacific Rim (highly recommended for fans of mega monster vs robot action), in which the human race threatened by a race of giant monsters— the Kaiju. This will also be the basic idea and inspiration for the Phantom Galaxies game world.
- The human alliance is fragile, but it must endure if it is to have any chance of withstanding the fanatical, technologically advanced Sha'Kari, who consider humans to be nothing more than usurpers and grave robbers.
- To fight these monsters, humans have built the powerful Mechanized Starfighters, helmed by the best pilots. The Ranger Squad represents the best of the best - an elite unit of Union and Commonwealth pilots known for their courage and effectiveness in battle.
- And you are the chosen ones!
Phantom Galaxies is an open-world online space sim in which players take on a pivotal role in a Starfighter Mecha Robot. Players can switch between classic mecha robot mode and a starship mode.
|Mecha Robot Mode||Starship Mode|
|Offers the most effective ranged combat (and melee combat on some Frames), and allows ground-based combat and exploration.||Best for space combat, evasive maneuvers, and space travel.|
Table 1: Mecha Robot vs Starship mode comparison
Figure 1: Phantom Galaxies gameplay footage
???? Players will fight on the front lines as well as explore deep space to find valuable resources and uncover the powerful weapons of the Sha’Kari.
Players can select a Starfighter from four different starting classes as below: (Details are yet to be announced). From there, they will be able to upgrade their mechs, unlocking specialisations to experiment with and fine-tune the perfect Starfighter setup for each combat scenario.
Figure 2: Core game loop
Player activities in Phantom Galaxies include Missions, Quests, Operations (Daily & Weekly activities), and Raids.
- Engage in fast-paced battles against enemy mechs, spacecraft, and sky-filling capital ships.
- Gain new skills, abilities, weapon configurations, and more as you upgrade the mech class that fits your playstyle.
- Unlock different variants for each of the four mech classes and customize your loadout to triumph on the battlefield.
- Travel to different stars, exploring sectors inhabited by pirates, scavengers, and rogue factions.
???? The ultimate goal of these game activities is to level up your Avatar NFT and Starfighter NFT to their maximum capacity, allowing them to gain emissions, resources, and in-game items through random board drops and rewards.
After a period of training and accumulating strength, Organizations can proceed to Frontier Space to occupy and receive perks such as rare items, more token-staking rewards, and higher rates of token emission.
FRONTIER SPACE (Battlefield) - REBEL SECTORS
Far away from the safety of the central systems, at the farthest reaches of the universe of Phantom Galaxies, is Frontier Space - where the highest PvP and PvE rewards are located.
Rebel Sectors are areas in Frontier Space that are essentially conquerable reward pools. Securing a Rebel Sector will be a highly competitive endeavour in which Corporations, Guilds, and other organized groups will have a powerful advantage over individual players or smaller groups. Once controlled, players can stake the governance token onto a base they control - the more tokens staked rewards a higher rate of token emission.
???? Phantom Galaxies is truly believed to be a AAA-quality blockchain game that is part of a new generation aiming to deliver the production and polish qualities of traditional high-budget games with the blockchain advantages like digital item property rights, security, and decentralization.
The new generation of blockchain games is raising the bar and introducing more complex games for GameFi— soon the space will not just consist of simple pet games, card games, etc, but also games with carefully crafted and elaborate gameplay, exciting experiences, high-caliber graphics, and thrilling entertainment for players.
- Phantom Galaxies is designed to be accessible and affordable. Players can gain access to the Phantom Galaxies Alpha by owning any Origin Series NFT, many of which ar affordable and available on OpenSea. The very first Origin Series NFTs were airdropped for free to the earliest Phantom Galaxies fans, and a variety of NFT competitions and giveaways have followed. Additional Origin Series NFTs will also be available for purchase through the main Phantom Galaxies website as the project progresses.
Starfighter Mechas - Core NFT
Figure 3: Starfighter Mecha NFT
|Characteristics & Modifiers||Frame, Reactor, Shields, Cargohold, Thrusters, Overheat Capacity, Weapon Slots, Armour Bonus and more.|
|Tiers / Generations||Gen.#(0-5)|
Table 2: Starfighter Mecha variations
Mechanized Starfighters are the core items that the player utilises for exploration and combat in Phantom Galaxies. Other NFTs, such as Component NFTs (consumable), Equipment NFTs and Avatar NFTs, are available to help your starfighter reach its full potential.
Figure 4: Core NFT Loop
To start playing Phantom Galaxies, players can choose one of the 3 following options to have their first NFT:
- Create your Starfighter from scratch. To do this, you will need a Base Frame NFT, which can be obtained through Organization or Phantom Galaxies itself.
- Buy from the marketplace
- Borrow starfighters from other players through Mercenaries rental system.
- Advanced Starfighters can be purchased from the marketplace; however, a player’s Avatar level serves as a limiting factor on a Starfighter’s combat abilities. High-level Starfighters will require high-level Avatars to make the most of them.
???? STARFIGHTER DESTRUCTION
- When a Starfighter is destroyed it will lose Durability, but as long as the Durability remains above 0 the Starfighter can respawn and continue to be used. Durability can be repaired by spending resources.
- If a Starfighter is destroyed and its durability falls below 0, the Starfighter will be locked and will not be usable until a cooldown period has expired. An Insurance policy is available for purchase by players in order to reduce this cooldown period.
- Starfighter NFT will be permanently destroyed if it gets annihilated and its durability falls below 0 in Frontier Space (where the highest PvP and PvE rewards are located).
Figure 5: Phantom Galaxies Avatar NFT
Each Avatar will establish a player's character's visual appearance as well as some of its starting attributes. Players can level up their avatars and use skill points to increase their fighting efficiency as they journey through the game.
???? Avatars will be minted and released in batches. Each batch will have a set of core “parent” Avatar NFTs where the traits of the parents will be used to generate each Avatar in the batch.
Phantom Galaxies will offer a variety of in-game items that exist as NFTs, including weapons, armor, shaders, and consumables. Items can be bought from shops or found as loot throughout the universe of Phantom Galaxies. The harder the challenge, the more valuable the NFT items will be.
???? The rarest and most powerful items are only found by completing multi-stage end-game content and will consist of unique and powerful advantages that will define players’ play style and shape their every action.
Game Economy - Planet NFT
Figure 6: Phantom Galaxies Planet NFT
Planets are NFTs that are Phantom Galaxies’ player-ownable real estate. A player or an organization, a Guild can purchase and own Planets, which offer important utility: not only acting as an in-game base of operations, but also producing (or “emitting”) the native in-game currency of Phantom Galaxies (PGToken).
While there is a set minimum of PGToken emission which players are guaranteed to receive from their Planet, there is also a multiplier effect which can be attained through gameplay activities, raising the rate of emission up to a set maximum which include:
- Level of engagement (visitors to the Planet)
- Development of the Planet (by constructing buildings)
- Planet holder’s engagement with the wider game (through completing missions)
Figure 7: Planet NFT Emission Rewards and Indicative Round Allocations
The project just closed its Public Planet Sale on May 27. All small, medium, and large planets have been SOLD OUT — the remaining small and large asteroids will be returned to the pool and will be available for purchase with the beta game's release.
???? For those actually playing the game, these will not be difficult or inconvenient diversions, but natural parts of the core game experience. Users can earn (the minimum) by simply holding the planets, but players are rewarded MORE than passive investors. It’s “Play-and-Earn” not “Play-to-Earn”.
Phantom Galaxies will not have a pre-sale like Seed or Private Round for its native tokens. Planet Sales will be held instead.
Figure 8: Total Phantom Galaxies Token Distribution
- Phantom Galaxies takes an innovative approach to currency, as emissions from Planet NFTs + gameplay multipliers are designed to prevent scarcity-caused spikes in token price that would then be dumped on the community. This aims to ensure fairness and enable players to enjoy the game to its fullest extent.
- Furthermore, conventional IDO tokens attract investors who are looking to do just that - invest. Phantom Galaxies is first and foremost a game, and so Planet Sales were designed not to serve speculators and industry insiders, but players — who are rewarded again by the robust Phantom Galaxies experience.
???? What sets Phantom Galaxies apart is that the project is being developed by Animoca Brands, one of the leading investment funds in web3 gaming. Therefore, with solid financial resources and a significant network in the blockchain space, a lack of funding or runway is unlikely to be an issue, even though there will be fewer tokens for everyone, which results in less selling pressure. A 10% allocation is necessary to create initial liquidity for projects and listings. The rest can only be earned by playing the game, even for VCs.
The Community Treasury will automatically take a percentage of revenue streams such as the Fusion process, Durability repairs, Insurance, and Rent payments. Part of this reserve will be used to help fund the Rebel Sectors reward pools and also flow back to the holders of governance tokens.
Phantom Galaxies just closed the Private Planet Sale, 7734 Planets & Asteroids were sold for a total of $19.3M, led by Aniomoca Brands with the support including Sequoia China, Liberty City Ventures, GameFi Ventures, Everest Ventures Group, Terrace Tower Group, MDDN Co (Joel and Benji Madden), Adrian Cheng, SMO Capital, Polygon Ventures, Dapper Labs, NFT Live + Cagyjan, Kingsway, 3Commas Capital, Double Peak, Mind Fund, Defi Cap, and others. A number of gaming guilds also participated, including Avocado DAO, YGG, and YGG SEA.
Figure 9: Phantom Galaxies Private Planet Sale investors
The team behind Phantom Galaxies has a wealth of experience - Blowfish Studios is Sydney-based and was founded in 2010 by Benjamin Lee, a veteran of the computer software and 3D graphics industry and Aaron Grove, an award-winning visual effects supervisor. A subsidiary of Animoca Brands, Blowfish is an award-winning developer and publisher of high-quality multi-platform games including Qbism, Siegecraft, Morphite, Projection: First Light, and Storm Boy. They are currently developing Phantom Galaxies and some traditional games on Steam, PS5 or PS4, etc.
Figure 10: High-quality multi-platform games published by Blowfish
The project is currently on track with their roadmap. We expect some updates to this info before the token listing event in September 2022.
Figure 11: Phantom Galaxies Roadmap
|Star Atlas||182.1k||315.5k||Not Yet|
Table 3: Phantom Galaxies and other similar games social media statistics
Phantom galaxies have built up a huge organic following across a number of key social platforms. This includes over 108k Twitter followers and 79k Discord members. It's also worth noticing that their Discord community is quite active, with over 10,000 people online at a certain point in time.
- The alpha test was a huge success with significant community engagement. For a couple months, Phantom Galaxies allowed gamers to register for a free NFT called the Halberd-001 NFT, which gave owners access to play the Alpha. According to DappRadar, the team distributed 562,776 copies of the Halberd-001 NFT, which are now in 555,860 different wallets. This means that Phantom Galaxies can expect around half a million gamers to jump into one of their mechas.
- There are currently over 125,000 users actively playing the Alpha version of Phantom Galaxies and over 517k owners of the NFTs granting access to the Alpha game. These NFTs have generated over 1.8k ETH in trading volume on OpenSea, which shows significant engagement and interest from the community.
- It is also worth noting how they have already onboarded KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders/influencers) with significant subscriber numbers. Some are just for single posts for key events like Public Sale, and a few are preferred with a series of gameplay videos.
Figure 11: KOL / streamer partners of Phantom Galaxies