DISCLAIMER: THIS CONTENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION TO PURCHASE TOKENS OR ANY OTHER ASSETS. ANY INVESTMENTS MADE IN THE PROJECTS OR ASSETS MENTIONED BELOW ARE DONE SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.
- Guild of Guardians is a mobile RPG inspired by Diablo and Dungeons & Dragons. The game takes place in a classic fantasy universe. There are dungeons to explore and monsters to be slain. Players can immerse themselves in the game as orcs, elves, humans, or strange magical creatures. The art style of the game has a low-poly aesthetic and all characters and combat are 3D.
- Players will take their team of heroes through challenging dungeons to collect resources and earn experience. They can use these resources to craft items or summon heroes which can be traded for real money. Players will be able to build their dream team and will work with their Guild to earn leaderboard and seasonal prizes.
- Despite being a free-to-play game, Guild of Guardians will have its own economy backed by tokens and NFTs, giving users the opportunity to earn monetary rewards and assets that they can trade on the platform’s gas-free marketplace, as well as on other exchanges and marketplaces.
Guild of Guardians cinematic trailer
- In Guild of Guardians, players will lead their team of heroes through challenging dungeons to collect resources. These resources are used to create rare items and heroes which can be sold for real money. Players will work together to create the best squad of Guardians, contribute to their Guild and develop strategies to complete the most challenging content with various game modes like Guild Raids, Guild PvP, Land gameplay, User-generated dungeons, tournaments, etc. The game is set in a familiar, fantasy RPG world where players can play as mages, warriors, elves, orcs and more.
- Core game loop: Players complete challenges ⇒ Earn rewards such as resources, Gems, and equipment ⇒ Spend these rewards on recruiting and upgrading heroes and crafting equipment ⇒ Use newly acquired heroes and equipment to complete progressively harder dungeons.
Guild of Guardians Pre-Alpha gameplay
- Heroes are unique characters that players will take into Dungeons to defeat monsters and collect rewards. Cooperative and Guild based game modes will also use heroes.
- In Guild of Guardians, there will be a set of un-sellable heroes that can only be 'merged'. Players will get these free common heroes (which aren’t tradable) when they start the game. While traversing the dungeons, players will acquire more similar heroes as rewards, and they can merge multiple heroes into ones of a higher rarity, which are tradable.
- Heroes are also acquired from Summoning, which can be done by purchasing a summon or acquiring summoning shards by playing the game.
- Heroes can be also owned by players in the form of NFTs. The initial sale of heroes has ended but they are still tradable on the ImmutableX and TokenTrove marketplace. At the time of writing, the current floor price of a GOG hero is 0.004 ETH. The total sales volume of GOG Heroes is 2.8K ETH with 11.5K unique owners.
Figure 1: Guild of Guardians hero collection on marketplace
||- Determines the general type of hero as Empire, Glade or Horde
- Different factions have access to different drop tables
||Determines what equipment each hero can use like Ranger, Melee or Mage
||- Earth, Fire, Water, Dark, Light
- Units of a particular element gain 30% extra damage against those of a 'weaker' element
||- Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary
- Indicates the scarcity and relative power level of the hero
||- 1 active: a powerful action that can clear a room, heal an entire team, taunt a boss, or deal massive single target damage
- 1 passive: grants heroes certain buffs or synergy effects
||Each hero has a level cap. Once a hero reaches the max level, a player can ‘ascend’ it, which will increase its level cap.
Table 1: Features of heroes’ properties
Figure 2: The eight legendary heroes of Guild of Guardians
- Guilds allow players to group up and attempt the hardest and most rewarding content in the game, craft items for sale on the marketplace, and more.
- There are 4 types of guilds: Adventures Guild (20 members), Warriors Guild (30 members), Legends Guild (40 members) and Mythic Guild (50 members). Each has a different percentage of guaranteed first-cut of any guild crafted item sale.
- Guilds offer players access to game modes that are only accessible to members. These game modes will allow players to show off their best heroes, fight the strongest enemies, and earn unique and rare rewards.
- Guilds will compete with each other to earn 'leaderboard prizes'. These will likely reset every season and are designed to reward the most competitive players.
Figure 3: Guild tokens on marketplace
3. Pets & Energy Boosters
- Pets are creatures that players can ‘bind’ to their teams which give various benefits, such as increased crafting resources, increased item drop chances or dungeon rewards.
- Pets can initially be purchased during the presale, but they can be found for sale by players once the game launches. A pet currently costs 0.005 ETH. The total sales volume sits at 756 ETH and there are more than 6K owners of these pets.
- There are 3 types of pets with different characteristics:
- Workers: Passive generation of crafting resources
- Scouts: Increase dungeon item drop chance
- Hunters: Increase dungeon completion rewards
Figure 4: Guild of Guardians pet collection on marketplace
- Guild of Guardians uses an energy system that refills over time and is depleted whenever a player enters a dungeon. Heroes will get ‘fatigued’ if they enter too many dungeons in one day, which inflicts penalties such as stat reductions or requiring extra energy booster.
- Energy boosters will remove the Fatigue rate and allow players to use their favorite heroes for longer without suffering penalties to Hero Stats.
- Includes weapons, helmets, jewelry, and boots that can be crafted or found in game.
- Each type of equipment has unique buffs that provide stat bonuses to heroes that have them equipped. Certain sets of equipment may offer additional boosts if equipped all together.
💡GOG is free-to-play; however, purchasing the founder NFTs (heroes, pets, guilds, etc) in the game will provide many advantages. This helps players save time and be more efficient in advancing to higher levels, which increases their earning potential, especially when players are in a Guild, since Guilds compete with each other for the leaderboard and will prioritize recruiting members with better assets. Although the owners of the founder NFTs have more advantages compared to f2p players, skill and strategy are still key elements in Guild of Guardians, so it’s not guaranteed that owners of founder NFT will always be ‘better’ than free-to-play players. There will need to be a balance and it’s something the team is working on. ****
- One player may lead a groups of heroes in single player, while Guilds are groups of multiple players, running missions together in co-op.
- Single players will control a squad of heroes (usually 4 heroes) to progress. In battle, players will send these heroes into a dungeon and control 1 hero at a time (the remainder will be AI controlled).
- In co-op raids, players can work together as a Guild to take down a single boss. Taking down the biggest bosses will reap the greatest loot. Guild Raids require co-ordination in order to succeed.
- Targeting: the smart targeting system helps heroes attack their nearest enemies and acquire new targets quickly and easily.
- Active Dodge: makes combat more exciting and reactive.
- Basic attack/combos: each hit players deliver has impact and weight which makes fighting the weakest enemy feel awesome.
- Ultimate attack: every Hero has a pool of power/energy to draw from to perform their ultimate ability. They can clear a room, deal massive single target damage, heal, debuff enemies, or buff players’ party.
AI and Boss actions
- The heroes players bring in alongside them will actively engage enemies, dodge attacks, dodge traps, and even use their ultimate abilities.
- Monsters and bosses are designed to be ‘smart’ to challenge players throughout the game.
💡In Guild of Guardians, team strategy is as important as skill. Although heroes with higher rarity levels will have better base stats manifesting in the form of more damage, more health, and more powerful abilities, the Legendary heroes will still have weaknesses. And even lower rarity heroes become powerful when they are well equipped and leveled up. So players will need to level their heroes in the Dungeon campaign to maximize their respective capabilities. This approach will avoid the pay-to-win dynamic and create more motivation for players at any level.
Gems are the only in-game currency for GOG with a very simple tokenomics model. The currency will be earned by completing challenges and clearing dungeons while the tokenomics model should make sure that everyone involved is rewarded proportionally.
Figure 5: GOG in-game economic flow
💡One of the unique aspects of the Guild of Guardians Gem economy is the ‘rewards pool’. Any Gem used in the game will be sent to this ‘rewards pool’. In addition, 20% of all primary sales, as well as 20% of secondary trading fees to Guild of Guardians, must be paid for in Gems. Gems used in this way are transferred to a rewards pool and distributed proportionately to all Gem holders who actively stake Gems. Gems will also be used for governance and voting.
1. Token Utility
||Guild of Guardian Gems $GOG
||- In-game rewards
||- Merging, upgrading heroes
- Crafting items
- Trading fees
Table 2: Inflationary and deflationary factor of $GOG
💡Gems give players a tradable in-game currency as gameplay rewards that will encourage player retention and unlock earning potential. It also allows players to access premium content; Gems can be given to other community members (developers, content creators, etc) as an incentive to grow the game and community, which ultimately results in a better Guild of Guardians experience for all players. However, the single token model has its own potential risks as it is prone to fast initial runs and short cycles. Thus, the project will need to retain a large user base and constantly attract new players or earn repeated investment from existing players to make the economy sustainable in the long-term.
2. Token Allocation
Figure 6: $GOG token distribution
Figure 7: $GOG vesting schedule
Figure 8: Guild of Guardians roadmap
Guild of Guardians is published by Immutable, one of the world’s largest VC-funded blockchain gaming start-ups, and developed by Stepico, a mobile games development studio with a team of 80+ developers and artists who have worked on AAA-quality strategy and RPG games with over 5 million installs.
Immutable Core Team
Derek Lau - Game Lead
- Ex-management consultant from Oliver Wyman, where he was responsible for developing and implementing strategy projects for the C-suite of Australia’s biggest companies.
- Founder of Parkways, a peer-to-peer parking start-up.
Josiah Wallace - Lead Game Designer
- One of the primary designers on Temple Run and Temple Run 2.
Aaron B. Murray — Creative Director
- 15+ years shipping games and experiences on many platform from PC/Console, to VR, to mobile. He has experience working across EA, Ubisoft and the Void.
- Co-founder and Creative Director of Strange Reptile.
Marc Griffiths - Lead Full Stack Developer
- 15 years experience in software development and is a highly experienced Ethereum developer.
- CTO of Power Ledger. He is also the founder and chief architect of Intrinsic Global — a specialist Ethereum blockchain company.
Nick Kelland — Marketing and Community Manager
- 5 years experience in the commercial and broadcast media and marketing space in Australia.
- Co-founder of an aggregator mobile fashion app called VOSSEE.
Stepico Core Team
Nikola Pisetskyy - Managing director
- Founder and CEO of Stepico Games.
- Nikola has worked with major brands such as Amazon, Universal, Outplay and Gamevil, and he has experience leading projects on large, multiplayer RPGs.
Olha Koshchuk - Project Manager
- She has broad experience shipping a variety of products and games with teams of 15+ people.
Andrii Titov - Clientside lead
- Unity developer for more than 8 years.
- An expert in board and video games, and a strong supporter of open source and FOSS projects.
Petro Prots - Lead backend developer
- Over 9 years’ experience in game development, working across genres including MMO RPGs, multiplayer, and co-op games.
- Now works on server solutions for games.
Orest Skakun - Game designer
- 5 years’ experience as a game designer.
- Most recently he was responsible for designing an RPG game which was chosen as game of the year in iOS Korea.
Nazar Chepil - Lead 3D Artist
- 10+ years of experience working on design and modelling for games.
- Has broad experience working across a multitude of technologies and assets including characters, environments and animations.
Lilia Karpa - Lead 2D Artist
- 8 years of experience as a 2D artist.
- Has worked on over 10 games including RPGs and a Clash Royale game with 1M+ downloads.
Partners & Investors
Figure 9: Guild of Guardians partners & investors
- Guild of Guardians has received backing as well as partnered with many prominent names from venture capitals to gaming guilds in the industry. These include Moonwhale, Flamingo, Galaxy Digital, Apex Capital, BlackPool, Double Peak, Ubisoft, The Sandbox, Coinbase, Immutable, Yield Guild Games, etc. With this strong support, GOG definitely has the potential to realize its vision of building the world's most popular mobile RPG where millions of players can turn their passion for gaming into real assets.
- Guild of Guardians has also been selected to be a part of the sixth season of the Ubisoft Entrepreneurs Labs program. Ubisoft’s massive resources will help Guild of Guardians to create the world’s first blockchain game that achieves mainstream, break-out success.
|Guild of Guardians
Table 3: Social media statistics of Guild of Guardians and other prominent projects (Twitter, SparkToro, Discord, Telegram)
- GOG has an engaging Twitter and Discord channels. The project has organized many big events like Share-to-earn, Collect-to-earn, Ambassador, Pool&Grants programs, not only to attract more users but also reimburse and compensate members of the Guild of Guardians community efforts and creations that help the project to grow, scale, and disrupt the gaming industry.
- The recent pre-alpha demo of the game has received lots of positive feedback from the community. The visuals looks great and the game runs smoothly, though it is still basic. Some active features include equipment and leveling up system, hero abilities, and hero summoning.
- The team is now focusing on the Alpha version which will be released in H2 2022, Beta on Mainnet ****in the H1 2023, and the full version in H2 2023. Till then, the project keeps updating their progress on their social channels and organizing more activities to engage the whole community and acquire new users.